Balanced Meal of the Week: Beef Enchiladas w/ beans & Spanish rice
Wholesome Leftover Thought: Beef Quesadillas
Here is a food and leftover idea both sporting a Mexican taste that is guaranteed to bring your taste buds alive. For this case in point 97% lean ground beef was employed but the splendor of this meal is you can literally use any variety of meat you want to change the beef enchiladas into either rooster enchiladas, steak enchiladas, pork enchiladas, or even fish enchiladas if you so choose. To be truthful I have under no circumstances experimented with a fish enchilada, or even heard of a person right before, but hey if that’s what you’d like to attempt go for it!
A further gain of this meal is you will come across that it really is somewhat uncomplicated to load up that baking sheet tray with a amount of enchiladas so that leftover foods are a breeze and you nonetheless have the choice to develop the beef quesadillas as listed. The preference is solely up to you. Enjoy!
– 3 pots/pans with lids
– oven baking sheet
– 10 minutes
– 50 minutes
– 1-2 pounds 97% extra fat-totally free ground beef
– 1 pack corn tortillas (70 calories just about every)
– 2 cans refried beans
– 1 cup white rice
– 1 can tomato sauce
– 1 can of both crimson or eco-friendly enchilada sauce
– 1/4 cup yellow corn kernels
– 1/4 cup diced white onion
– 1/4 cup skim or low-body fat milk
– shredded small-fat mozzarella and cheddar cheese
– 1 chicken bouillon cube
– 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– optional: sliced olives and diced eco-friendly chiles
– 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
– 1 tbsp cooking oil
For Beef Quesadillas
– total wheat flour tortillas
– tapatio very hot sauce (or desired sort of salsa)
1. Begin with the floor beef. Eliminate from wrapper and location on a skillet and dice up with a spatula. Insert 1/4 cup diced white onion, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tsp seasoned salt, and a dash of pepper. Combine nicely, switch stove on medium temperature and protect. Re-stir every 5 minutes for roughly 20 minutes.
2. When meat is completed to your liking, warm enchilada sauce in a pan for about 5 minutes. Get tortillas, equally cheeses, and other extras these types of as sliced olives or diced environmentally friendly chiles prepared so when sauce is warm, the assembly line can start off.
3. So that the tortillas really don’t crack when currently being stuffed/rolled, frivolously heat 4-6 at a time in the microwave wrapped in a paper towel for 25 seconds. Immediately after, dip 1 at a time into the sauce on the two sides and then location directly on the oven baking sheet. You might will need to use tongs if the sauce is as well scorching.
4. Insert some meat, a teaspoon of each cheese, a teaspoon of sauce, and any extras you are working with and carefully roll up. Just one method is to try to pile all objects collectively in a line on the left aspect of the tortilla so that you can roll fully above and tuck in well.
5. Line up the well prepared enchiladas side-by-aspect so they are a little bit touching just about every other to hold superior type. Use a basting brush to coat tops of the enchiladas with leftover sauce and evenly sprinkle with both cheeses. Put in oven at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
6. For the Spanish rice, insert 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and spread all over. On medium warmth add one cup of white rice and stir for about three minutes to “brown”. Include 8 oz can of tomato sauce and mix perfectly for two minutes. Insert 1 3/4 incredibly hot h2o, 1/4 cup yellow corn kernels, and 1 dice hen bouillon. Improve warmth and convey to a boil stirring perfectly so bouillon cube dissolves. When water commences to boil, lower heat to medium/lower, go over and established timer for 18 minutes stirring only after halfway by means of.
7. Refried beans just need to have to be opened and extra to a pan on medium warmth together with 1/4 cup of milk and 5-7 squirts of Tapatio very hot sauce if you desire spicy beans. Deal with and stir sometimes for 10-15 minutes.
8. When every thing is completed, provide an appropriate part dimensions alongside with a calorie beverage and appreciate. With regards to energy, continue to keep in head that every single enchilada will be around 150-220 energy just about every based on the amount/sort of goods you placed inside so will not get carried absent. One particular enchilada with rice and beans will be at about 350 calories.
Nutritious Leftover Plan: Beef Quesadillas
If there is any meat leftover and you want to transform it up a bit however maintain the flavor of a Mexican-design and style development, you should give these beef quesadillas a try out. You can use the corn tortillas, or as in this example, entire wheat flour tortillas to offer a bigger surface to place a bit more things in.
Only evenly oil a substantial skillet (or use non-adhere spray) and position 1 tortilla and flip on stove to medium warmth. Unfold two tablespoons of beans, then insert some cheese, then meat, warm sauce like Tapatio, and again some extra cheese. Cover with yet another tortilla and use a spatula to frivolously press the quesadilla down. Make it possible for to cook dinner on just about every side for a few of minutes using your off-hand to support maintain quesadilla jointly so objects never drop out. As soon as each individual aspect is flippantly browned and the cheese is melted you can get rid of from warmth, slice in fifty percent or quarters and appreciate.